ACGOW has expanded their membership categories for 2017. See our Artist Membership below or click on the highlighted alternative membership options for more information. Contact our Membership Coordinator for any questions you may have.
ACGOW has been successful as a cooperative gallery with a structure of artists who do everything from planning and hanging exhibits to staffing the gallery. The community aspects of using our different talents not only to produce art for the gallery but to run the gallery is prized by our members and tends to inspire us.
If you are a working artist looking for gallery space and wish to join a unique community, the Artists' Cooperative Gallery invites you to submit your work for consideration.
Applicants are considered and reviewed at the gallery's end of month meetings by a jury of five members. Applicants are notified of their acceptance within one week. For more information, click on the link to contact our Membership Coordinator for the date of the next meeting or download an Artist Membership Application.
Artist Membership Benefits
• Commission-free sales, except for yearly silent auction
• Opportunity to show monthly
• No Hanging Fees
• Eligibility to be a Featured Artist
• Interaction with patrons at Gallery Openings on 1st Friday of the Month
• Publicity through ACGOW media coverage
• Artist listings on ACGOW's website, www.westerlyarts.com
• Cash, checks and credit cards accepted for sales
• Opportunities for additional venues to show work
• Join a fascinating community of painters, sculptors, photographers, potters, jewelers, glassmakers, and more who network, promote and sell each other's art.
Artist Membership Requirements
• Dues- $280 per year
• Manage the Gallery for one shift per month (4 hours)
• Help with two Show Committees each year
• Serve on at least one standing committee
How to become an Artist Member
• New members are juried in each month by member review of 5 pieces of current work, completed within the past 2 years. All types of art are welcome.
• Click on the link to contact the Membership Coordinator for information and the next jurying date
• Download an Artist Membership Application
ARTISTS' COOPERATIVE GALLERY OF WESTERLY